Margo is a leading expert in his field and the lead trainer and moderator at SpeakSmart. Margo has over 20 years of experience, having led countless trainings and discussions, from panel discussions to negotiations, from an open-air festival to business conferences and live TV broadcasts. Describing the role of a moderator, Loor said: "A great discussion is engaging, makes maximum use of the contribution of each participant and reaches the desired result. The result of a great discussion is bigger than the sum of its participants, where group synergy creates thoughts and results , which no one could have even expected at the beginning of the discussion. A good moderator always produces at least a good discussion, but always aims towards a great discussion."
Margo started his journey in Estonia'n Debating Society in 1994 as a competitive debater to gain stage confidence, public speaking techniques, the ability to clearly express thoughts, time management, analytical skills and thinking.Specializing in law at the University of Tartu and work at the law firm Hedman Osborne Clarke gave him the skills of systematic thinking and calm, rational negotiation as well as knowledge of meeting formats.
In Good Deed Foundation, Margo was responsible for facilitating strategy creation and strategic discussion of organisations in his portfolio, giving him abilities of visually guiding and clarifying meetings and methods for leading strategic planning scenarios.
As a CEO of Estonian Debating Society for 4 years, Margo was often in situations, where it was necessary to talk to the media or to carry out joint projects with media channels. Multi-year inside experience with media production, especially television and online media, working side by side with producers, directors, editors, was the valuable added skillset.
Volunteering his time to Network of Estonian Nonprofit Organizations as their chairman of supervisory board has taught Margo one-on-one coaching, which relies heavily upon listening skills and leading by asking socratic questions. Same skills, that enable a moderator to steer a difficult discussion.
Additionally, Margo has developed various conversational abilities in non-formal training courses, such as Gordon Training, non-violent communication and vocal skills.
Examples of previous work:
- Moderating Ministry of Culture event LõimFest 2021
- Moderating Strategic Management Office meetings brainstorming 2021
- The Estonian Democracy Festival “Arvamusfestival” 2021 discussion moderation “What is prosperity: in which country do we want to have children, in which country do we want to grow up, in which country do we work, in which country do we age? " Watch here
- The Estonian Democracy Festival “Arvamusfestival” 2021 “Rather a 4-line road or a smarter Estonia?” Watch here
- The Baltic Sea Forth Fisheries Forum, link www.worksup.com, event id: BALTICSEA
- Cooperation Conference by The North Estonia Medical Centre & TalTech “Science, Technology and Medicine” moderator 2021 (hybrid conference). Watch here
- Hybrid Conference “VI Trainers Non-Conference: Hybrid Training” 2021 (EPALE & Andras) moderator. Watch here
- Estonian Health Insurance Fund inspiration day moderation “How to successfully introduce remote services in Estonian healthcare?”. Watch here
- TalTech and the Board of Rectors “Does research fit into the timetable?”. Watch here
- Facilitator for the Estonian Business and Innovation Agency international conference “Asia Update”
- Let’s Do It conference “Clean World Conference” discussion facilitator with the previous President of Estonia Kersti Kaljulaid. Conference homepage
- Foresight Centre seminar "A Different Future", 6 moderators. Watch and see the outcome of the debate HERE
- Debate design and facilitation at the Parliamentary Party Chairs' Debate at
The Estonian Democracy Festival “Arvamusfestival”
- Margo speaking at the TedX Tartu conference 2015
- Margo leading the Postimehe election debate. Watch now
- From 2015-2016, Margo worked with Estonian Tax and Customs Board on a 2-year development program to prepare the agency for the Estonian Presidency of the Council of the European Union. The main focus in the development programme was on eu-LISA. The development program was part of a project that won the title of 2017 PARE (Estonian Human Resource Management Association) Best Human Resource Management Project