The moderator as the discussion designer and leader
When the discussion goes well and without any issues, the discussion leader usually remains invisible. However, when the discussion is aimless, drags along, is confusing or goes overtime, the discussion leader is the one people look towards. That's why it's so important to choose the right moderator.
The work of a good moderator starts months before the event - with discussion design and preparation. Together with the client, the purpose of the discussion, the expected result, the participants and their expectations are thought through.
A discussion plan is put together based on preliminary work. Based on the discussion plan, the moderator communicates with the speakers and with the participants to inform them about the format, possible topics or of questions and answer their questions. As a result of thorough preparation, everyone knows the purpose of the event and their role.
The moderator's role during the discussion
The moderator knows how to engage speakers and participants in a purposeful, reasoned and exciting discussion. He knows how to start a discussion, how to keep it going, and how to end and summarize a discussion. A good discussion is like a storybook - the suspense remains even 90 minutes in because there's a good flow, contradictions, fun and a summary in the end that conveys a specific message to the audience.
Our moderators are at the top of their field - thoroughly prepared, reasoned, goal-focused, good communicators and presenters, with quick reaction times, a good sense of time and the ability to delve into different topics quickly.Our moderators will:
- analyse the topics in detail and offer balanced and well-formulated topics for conferences and discussions;
- offer discussion formats that are based on argumentation and that derive from the topic and objective;
- direct the speakers to justify their positions;
- create short and specific briefs of the presentations, so that the audience can follow the subject matter more easily;
- not let the event digress from the topic, schedule or objective;
- not let the more dominating listeners or speakers alter the objective of the discussion;
- sense the discussion atmosphere and will make choices in favour of a more peaceful, quicker and inclusive discussion;
- analyse the mindset of the audience and if necessary include them in the discussion more or less.
What is included in the price?The service includes:
- mapping and formulating topics that will be in focus with the client before the event;
- developing an appropriate format according to formulated topic and the objective set by the client;
- moderating the discussion according to the agreed format;
- presenting the client with a synopsis of the discussion arguments within a week.
CONTACT US TO GET AN OFFER